Discovering that you have a sexually transmitted disease such as Herpes can be devastating particularly when your love life is void. When a person is diagnosed with Herpes, his mind gets occupied with thoughts about dating and relationships. In fact, some people are under the impression that finding a partner on getting herpes is not possible.
So, why is dating with herpes so nerve – racking? Following are the concerns of people with herpes seeking a date.
- Fear of being judged.
- Fear of getting rejected by a person they are interested in.
- Scared that they would transmit the virus to another individual.
However, in reality there is nothing much to get scared about. There are a few guidelines, that is carefully implemented will certainly give you a pleasant experience. Here are the guidelines:
- Herpes is, in fact just a disease: Herpes is only a disease and doesn’t define who you are. It makes no point to think how others are going to react on learning about your health. One thing that you should bear in mind is that dating is always accompanied with heart breaks, sorrow and drama irrespective of your medical conditions.
- A majority of the population seek a date because the other person is attractive, interesting and they want to spend quality time together. When these feelings are genuine, herpes is just a little thing to deal with.
- There are ways of reducing the risk of sexual transmission of herpes: Many people fear that they might give herpes to their partner and therefore, abstain from dating. Although this is a genuine concern, there are several ways of reducing the risk of transmission.Using condoms and dental dams significantly reduce the risk of HSV transmission.
- Join a dating website for people with herpes: Once you have done adequate research and made yourself emotionally strong enough to start dating, it’s time to find a platform that will connect you with people seeking relationship / friendship. Joining a dating website like Hmeet.com that will give a kick-start to your dating life is definitely helpful.
- You might face several rejections, but the right person will not refuse: If an individual really likes you, it is likely that he/she might accept you the way you are, irrespective of your medical condition. It is advised that you talk about herpes with your partner and give him/her all the necessary information pertaining to it, besides following all the precautions.
The most ideal scenario would be to date a person who already has herpes. You will be able to find several people having herpes on dating websites dedicated to such individuals. Nonetheless, throughout the process of finding a date, you should remain optimistic. Dating requires patience and you cannot land a partner in a couple of days.